Accidents In Public Places
Local council must ensure the safety of roads and pavements for the pedestrians, and must do regular checks on the quality of the same. Start your claim
All catering companies and shopping centres also have to ensure safety of their customers and remove any possible cause of accident immediately.
Unfortunately, only few people know that if they get injured due to damaged pavement, they are entitled to claim compensation.
Thus, if your injury was caused by:
- Trip due to an uneven, wobbly pavement
- Slip on the wet surface in the public place ( If there is no hazard sign )
- Hot liquid or food were spilt on you in the restaurant
- Something suddenly fell on you in the public place
You can claim for compensation.
Amount of the compensation depends on many factors. Please see the main rules that will guide you through the claim below.
Three main rules to be followed in the case of the accident in the public place:
- Take a photograph of the place where the accident happened. Almost all mobile phones have a camera installed. It will be necessary to take a photograph of the accident place, the cause of the accident and your injury.
- Find witnesses. Ask for their contact details, as they will be able to provide evidence in support of your claim.
- Please see a doctor. Even if your injuries are not visible, make sure that you get checked by a doctor. Moreover, it gives you comfort and all medical records may be used as evidence which can speed up the claim process significantly.
If you are not sure whether you are entitled to compensation please call us on 020 8577 0600 for free consultation.